This page is an easy way to access my travel blog posts for those wishing to read or re-read my travel stories. Rather than having to browse the blog archive you can find the stories here. In time I hope to add older stories and all new trips will hopefully also make their way onto this blog.
Words and images from 2.5 months in South America–Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and Chile.
I travelled to Cambodia in January 2011 and this fantastic country left a deep impression with the most kind friendly and warm curious people and stunning environment. Angkor Wat is something one simply cannot imagine, it must be seen.
Australia – 2011
I lived in Australia for almost six months, including trips to Kimberley, South West, Rottnest Island.
Papua New Guinea
8 days onboard the most amazing ship in the world, the True North cruising through paradise found in Papua New Guinea.
USA – 2010
Two months, twelve thousand kilometers in the gorgeous Southwest USA including California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Nevada.
Australia – 2010
Six weeks, Southwest roadtrip and a trip to Broome, Western Australia.
Malaysia – 2010
Laos – 2010
One week visiting remote hmong villages in East Laos.
Thailand – 2009
Namibia – 2009
4 weeks in Namibia photographing the ethereally beautiful Namib Desert.
- I rode through the desert and it started to rain!
- Namib Desert. Desert is home.
- Desert. What is in a name?
- Desert. Snake. Lizard. Fremen. Me
- All in a day’s work for Mother Nature
- Sun or no sun
- The Lone Oryx in the dunes
- Namib Desert – sea of sand
- Dune with a zoom
- Patterns in the desert
- Patterns in the sky and the ground
Malaysia and Borneo – 2009
11 days on photography assignment for United Plantations.
Australia – 2009
6 weeks in Western Australia photographing Broome, Kimberley, Cape Leveque, James Price Point, Karijini National Park.
- On Broome Time and oh the stupidity.
- A day with the Jarlmadangah mob
- All in a day’s work for Mother Nature
- Gibb River Road and We eat the snake!
- Kimberley, final frontier, no shock absorbers
- Three Men in a Troopie
- Sands of Time. Turn the hourglass and next stop Malaysia and Borneo
Australia – 2008
5 weeks in Australia photographing Western Australia, The Kimberley, Broome, Hawk Dreaming in Kakadu National Park and Sydney.
- A month in upside down country
- In Transit. Where am I? What am I doing here?
- Darwin and MyLife 2.0
- Crocs in the main street of Darwin! Sun drops into Timor Sea!
- Kimberley. Home.
- In the footsteps of Bill Neidjie and the Bunitj Clan
- In the big smoke. Miss my country.
- Sydney; From Dawn till Dusk
- Reflection on an Outback Overreaction
- Lost and Found
- Developing a Hawk Dreaming
- Where Sunrises Rule The World
- What’s it all about? This is what it’s all about!
- The Hawk Dreaming Aboriginal Art Experience
- Capturing Australian Sunrises
- Finding a Tree in the Kimberley
- The quintessential Outback Australia photo
- Capturing Manning Gorge
- Windjana Gorge and the Bunuba people
- The camels oh the Broome camels
- Bells Gorge – with falling water
- Purnululu and the Bungle Bungle
- Lazy Days in Broome
- New Angels on New Albion – aka Sydney
- Ubirr and Nourlangie Rock
- The Purnululu sunset that almost never was
Australia – 2007
10 weeks in Australia photographing such places as Darwin, Kakadu, Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Cairns, Dunk Island, Great Barrier Reer, Brisbane, Lamington, Fraser Island, Sydney and Perth.
- ISCAH and Mindil Beach
- Planes, Trains, Litchfield and Tracy
- Mindil Beach at dusk
- Mindil Beach at Dusk Panorama
- Kakadu – and something that could be mistaken for a tan
- Hawk Dreaming – you couldn’t dream it better
- Hawk Dreaming continued
- Kakadu National Park
- Uluru, Kata Tjuta – and Mars
- Amazing days at Uluru and Kata Tjutu
- Dunk Island, now includes albatross
- Cooktown, Kuranda and Daintree – Planes, Trains and Automobiles
- Great Barrier Reef
- Cairns; how I learned to love ya
- Traveling Photographer – my office on the road
- Humpback Whales in Moreton Bay
- Brisneyland after Dark
- Lamington National Park, O’Reillys and mountain sunsets!
- Fraser Island
- Stormchasing in Brisbane
- Rock music from “a land down under”
- Sydney, the giraffe and the mo-to-sho!
- Chasing the sun
- There and Back Again
- My Australia 2007 tour – stats, facts and the Best Of
- Hawk Dreaming and Big Bill Neidjie
Australia – 1999
10 weeks in Australia visiting Perth, Great Australian Bight, Monkey Mia, Karajini, Broome, Adelaide, Margaret River and more. Only one story from this trip online so far, more to come when I find the time.
Australia – 1998
5½ week outback 6WD camping trip with Amesz Tours going from Perth to Perth – via the entire West Coast all the way up to Darwin, the down to Alice Springs, Uluru and across the desert to Kalgoorlie and back to Perth.
Kenya – 1996/1997
First ever trip with any sort of photography, my first photos. 3 weeks on safari in Kenya.